Jobs at VVMF
Development Support Specialist – Part-time
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (VVMF), founders of The Wall, is seeking to hire a part-time skilled professional to support our fundraising efforts at our National Headquarters in Arlington, VA. There is a possibility of this position becoming full-time post COVID. VVMF is the non-profit organization authorized to build the national memorial dedicated to those who served in the armed forces in Vietnam. Since dedication of The Wall, VVMF has pursued a mission of preserving the legacy of The Wall, promoting healing and education about the impact of the Vietnam War.
The Development Support Specialist must have a strong commitment to quality, attention to detail, excellent people skills, and a team-player attitude.
Position reports to the Director of Development.
- Provide administrative support to the development team
- Process donations and timely donor acknowledgements
- Update donor records and complete data entry related to donor profiles and CRM tasks
- Respond to donor inquiries, requests, and premium fulfillment orders
- Create and run queries as needed
- Maintain data integrity and synchronize with online giving platform
- Act as organization liaison with donation and database vendors
- Assist with online giving efforts including social media campaigns
- Work with Accounting to ensure the integrity and accuracy of donations each month
- Track matching gifts and employee giving campaigns
- Help with other fundraising activities as needed and assigned
- BS degree preferred or related experience
- Understanding in non-profit fundraising
- Strong writing skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Ability to learn and maintain proprietary Data Base systems
- Outstanding customer service
- Team player
- Problem solver
Please send an email to [email protected] with the following attached:
- Subject line: Development Support Specialist
- Brief cover letter
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (VVMF), a nonprofit organization authorized by the U.S. Congress to build a national memorial (commonly referred to as The Wall) dedicated to all who served with the U.S. Armed Forces in the Vietnam War. Since the dedication of The Wall, VVMF has pursued a mission of honoring and preserving the legacy of service and education for all generations about the impact of the Vietnam War.
VVMF seeks an Office Coordinator to work at our National Headquarters office located in Crystal City, Arlington, VA. This position, acting independently and with limited oversight, is responsible for a multitude of organizational activities including accounting, office administration, and program involvement. The person in this position will organize and coordinate office operations and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Essential Job Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Provide for the smooth and efficient operation of the office, continually seeking ways to improve office effectiveness.
- Manage front office operations
- Support accounting and administration activities
- Support program operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage incoming inquiries requiring independent judgement in determining responses/actions needed to resolve business issues.
- Be the face of VVMF by providing guidance as needed to visitors.
- Open/distribute/send staff mail
- Manage the inventory and ordering of all office supplies.
- Manage vendor support for computers, phones, copier, and furniture.
- Manage VVMF staff email lists
- Manage the office calendar for meetings
- Serve as point person for building engineers regarding all maintenance problems
- Coordinate updates to the Volunteer Directory
- Stock/ship program materials to partners, volunteers, and others as requested
- Enter all caging vendor deposits into the accounting management system (Quickbooks)
- Record/track and copy donations onto the check log
- Make or supervise remote check and cash deposits
- Serve as admin for Expense Management System Maintain and coordinate with credit card holders to reconcile monthly expense reports to that monthly accounting requirements can be met in a timely manner
- Prepare direct mail line counts
- Track incoming invoices for one-time and recurring bills (accounts payable)
- Coordinate approval for charges by appropriate staff members
- Load/file all documentation into the financial management systems
- Prepare payments for review and approval by accounting/executive review
Ceremonies at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and other special events are vital to VVMF’s mission and programs. All staff members are occasionally required to work extended hours, days and/or weekends (In Memory, Father’s Day, Reading of the Names, etc.) and holidays (Memorial Day, Veterans Day, etc.) as needed. Ceremonies and special events are held off-site and/or outside in all types of weather.
Essential Skills and Experiences:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Must be eligible to obtain a Notary License
- Must be trustworthy and accountable
- Ability to pay close attention to small details; and possess a high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage one’s time; and possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- 3+years experience with general office support
- Knowledge of Quickbooks
- Knowledge of military protocol and culture a plus
- The ability to remain discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Lift and move boxes and/or materials as needed within one’s physical capabilities
- Please send an email to [email protected] with the following attached:
- Subject line: Office Coordinator
- Brief cover letter
VVMF is an equal employment opportunity employer