Development Support Specialist
Development Support Specialist
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (VVMF), founders of The Wall, is seeking to hire a part-time skilled professional to support our fundraising efforts at our National Headquarters in Arlington, VA. There is a possibility of this position becoming full-time post COVID. VVMF is the non-profit organization authorized to build the national memorial dedicated to those who served in the armed forces in Vietnam. Since dedication of The Wall, VVMF has pursued a mission of preserving the legacy of The Wall, promoting healing and education about the impact of the Vietnam War.
The Development Support Specialist is located at the VVMF Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia. This position requires a strong commitment to quality, attention to detail, excellent people skills, and a team-player attitude.
Position reports to the Director of Development.
- Provide administrative support to the development team
- Process donations and timely donor acknowledgements
- Update donor records and complete data entry related to donor profiles and CRM tasks
- Respond to donor inquiries, requests, and premium fulfillment orders
- Create and run queries as needed
- Maintain data integrity and synchronize with online giving platform
- Act as organization liaison with donation and database vendors
- Assist with online giving efforts including social media campaigns
- Work with Accounting to ensure the integrity and accuracy of donations each month
- Track matching gifts and employee giving campaigns
- Help with other fundraising activities as needed and assigned
- BS degree preferred or related experience
- Understanding in non-profit fundraising
- Strong writing skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Ability to learn and maintain proprietary Data Base systems
- Outstanding customer service
- Team player
- Problem solver
Details at a Glance
- TIME COMMITMENT
- Part Time Schedule
- 4-Year Degree Required
- PROFESSIONAL LEVEL
VVMF offers many benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, Vacation, Sick Leave, Flexible Spending Account and 401(k).
Work must be performed in or near Arlington, VA
How to Apply
Please send an email to [email protected] with a brief cover letter and resume.
VVMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Site Manager for The Wall That Heals
Part-time Site Manager for The Wall That Heals
Unique Opportunity to Travel and Make a Difference
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund, the nonprofit organization responsible for building the Vietnam Veterans Memorial (The Wall) in Washington, D.C., seeks two part-time site managers to manage its mobile exhibit – The Wall That Heals – while it is traveling the country. The exhibit includes a three quarter-scale replica of The Wall and a mobile Education Center. This is the ideal part-time job for someone who wants to make a difference in the life of Vietnam veterans and their families, while seeing different parts of the country.
The Wall That Heals travels ten months per year to approximately 40 communities throughout North America. The exhibit is transported by a 53-foot trailer that becomes a mobile Education Center that tells the story of the Vietnam War and the unique healing power of The Wall. A part-time site manager would be expected to travel to 6 – 12 sites (one week per site) a year and be able to call in for weekly staff meetings throughout the year.
As a site manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading local volunteers with set-up and breakdown of the exhibit
- Aiding visitors during the public display period, including giving tours of the exhibit to veterans and school/student groups
- Training local volunteers on how to aid visitors
- Working with the site host to manage on-site activities
- Representing VVMF in a community, to include local media appearances talking about The Wall That Heals and VVMF programs
- Caring for The Wall replica and the trailer during the visit
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent people and communications skills. Be a good listener and be able to show compassion to visitors. Be diplomatic but be able to manage any situation that arises. Must have an understanding that every visit to The Wall is unique and the experience is different from site to site.
- Have an understanding of the Vietnam War
- High School diploma, college degree in history, education or related field preferred
- Military experience a plus
- Stamina – as this job requires standing outdoors for long periods of time and heavy lifting of up to 80 lbs. Good do-it-yourself skills helpful or be willing to learn.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume via email to: [email protected]