In Memory 2021 Ceremony Past Participant RSVP
In Memory 2021 Ceremony
Past Participant RSVP
2021 In Memory Ceremony:
Date: Saturday, October 16, 2021
Time: Ceremony starts promptly at 10:00 a.m.
Location: East Knoll of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.
When considering if you can attend a ceremony in October please keep the following in mind:
- With the relaxing of the COVID-19 restrictions in Washington, D.C., we will NOT have to limit the number of attendees for the In Memory ceremony.
- All attendees are strongly encouraged to wear masks for the events, if not fully vaccinated.
- At anytime COVID-19 restrictions in Washington, D.C. could change. If changes occur we will notify all who have RSVP’d of those changes (i.e. mask requirements, social distancing, etc.)
Couple of important notes:
- Due to the number of honorees/size of the crowd, we will be hosting two ceremonies in October. Past participants are invited to read their loved one’s name at the ceremony inducting 2021 honorees being held on Saturday, October 16th only. There will be no past participant name reading at the Friday, October 15th ceremony inducting 2020 honorees.
- NEW THIS YEAR: The RSVP will be required in order to read your loved one’s name on stage.
- We will still be making the VVMF provided buses available to our past participants. The VVMF provided buses will pick up and drop off from the host hotel (Crystal Gateway Marriott). If you are not staying at the host hotel but would like to use them as your transportation to/from the Saturday ceremony you will have to provide your own way to the pickup point at the host hotel.
- The annual In Memory Reading of the Names of ALL past honorees will be done virtually this year. In the past, we read the names of all of those previously honored through the program at the plaque the morning of the ceremony. This has become an increasingly larger task as we add hundreds of honorees each year. We received such a great response to our virtual Reading of the Names that we have decided to make our reading virtual each year so that more people are able to hear their loved one’s name read. The virtual reading will be on our Facebook page and website the morning before the October 16, 2021 ceremony and will include all honored from 1993-2020.
- If you have a large party not everyone will be able to walk on stage and up to the microphone – we ask that only 2 members of your party go on stage.