Requesting The Wall That Heals
VVMF seeks sites that can provide a welcoming, quiet atmosphere large enough to accommodate the three main components of The Wall That Heals.
- The Wall Replica: half-scale replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C., approximately 250 feet in length.
- The mobile Education Center: When emptied, the sides of the 53-foot trailer that transports The Wall replica converts into an Education Center displaying photos, history and memorabilia related to The Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
- The Information Center: A 20’ x 20’ white canvas tent, attached to the trailer, serves as an Information Center.
Although the schedule may change depending upon travel needs, typically The Wall That Heals arrives on Wednesday morning for set-up, is open to the public from Thursday – Sunday and is taken down on Sunday. Before, during, and after each site, VVMF staff workwith hosting organizations assisting with their program and event development to transform The Wall That Heals visit into a lasting impact for their communitiy.
In partnering, VVMF requests hosting organizations:
- Provide a site, open to the public 24 hours a day
- Friendly volunteers to assist visitors to The Wall
- Arrange events around The Wall That Heals visit
- Promote the event throughout the community
If your organization is interested in hosting The Wall That Heals, please fill out the appropriate request form provided below.
The application process for The Wall That Heals 2017 tour is now closed. Please return to our site on May, 29, 2017 to apply for the 2018 tour of The Wall That Heals.
VVMF thanks the Tour Sponsors for helping "Bring The Wall Home"