For Immediate Release
March 26, 2017
Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund recognizes Truckload Carriers Association members for hauling The Wall That Heals in 2016
Nashville, Tennessee – The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (VVMF) presented awards today to recognize the efforts of Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) members who volunteered their time and equipment to haul The Wall That Heals in 2016. The presentation was made by Tim Tetz, director of outreach for VVMF, during TCA’s Annual Convention at the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, Tennessee.
"Because of our partnership with TCA, we were able to bring a national memorial to the hometown of hundreds of thousands in 2016,” said Tetz. “Leading each procession was a truck owned and operated by a TCA member demonstrating dedication and commitment to our veterans—young and old—and to our nation.”
The following TCA-member companies were recognized:
- American Central Transport, Inc. of Liberty, Missouri
- Baylor Trucking, Inc. of Milan, Indiana
- Cargo Transporters, Inc. of Claremont, North Carolina
- Dart Transit Company of Eagan, Minnesota
- Delaware Technical & Community College of Georgetown, Delaware
- Don Hummer Trucking of Oxford, Iowa
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. of Fremont, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines, Inc. of Superior, Wisconsin
- Hirschbach Motor Lines, Inc. of East Dubuque, Illinois
- Interstate Distributor Co. of Tacoma, Washington
- Regency Transportation, Inc. of Franklin, Massachusetts
- TMC Transportation Services of Des Moines, Iowa
- TWT Refrigerated Services of Cheney, Washington
- WDS Enterprises of Shepherd, Michigan
- Werner Enterprises, Inc. of Omaha, Nebraska
- Wil-Trans of Springfield, Missouri
The Wall That Heals is a 250-foot replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. With the help of TCA’s partnership and the companies mentioned above, the traveling exhibit honors the men and women who served and sacrificed their lives in the Vietnam War.
Trucking companies are needed to haul The Wall in 2017. Interested companies may complete an online interest form at www.vvmf.org/haul-the-wall.
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (VVMF) is the nonprofit organization that built the Vietnam Veterans Memorial (The Wall) in Washington, D.C. in 1982. VVMF is dedicated to honoring and preserving the legacy of service in America and educating all generations about the impact of the Vietnam War and era through programs, ceremonies and education materials. To learn more about VVMF, visit www.vvmf.org or call 202-393-0090.
# # #