Jobs at VVMF
Education Programs Manager
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (VVMF) is seeking to hire a committed, skilled and outgoing professional to work as the organization’s Education Programs Manager. Based in Arlington, VA, VVMF is the nonprofit organization that founded the Vietnam Veterans Memorial (The Wall) in Washington, D.C. in 1982. VVMF’s mission is to honor and preserve the legacy of service in America and educate all generations about the impact of the Vietnam War and era.
The Education Programs Manager will lead and manage VVMF’s existing educational programming, establish innovative opportunities for programming nationwide via social media, collaborate with experts to develop an online learning community and develop strategic partnerships with various institutions.
The Education Programs Manager reports to the President/CEO. The candidate should have:
- Demonstrated ability to create or maintain existing curriculum mapped to teaching standards (e.g., Common Core, C3, state standards) and higher education requirements
- Demonstrated skills doing basic video/audio editing and integration into a variety of delivery formats
- Ability to lead classroom discussions with students, in-person or via distance learning technologies
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing educational programs in classroom and museum settings
- Demonstrated skills interviewing first-person sources and turning them into educational content
- Experience actively managing groups of educators, volunteers, and students
- Master’s degree in Museum Education, Education, History, or related discipline
- Established contacts with museum professionals, educators, and education-related institutions and organizations
- Excellent computer skills and experience in communicating through social media sites
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Desire to demonstrated measurable results in educational programs
- Desire and ability to work as part of an interactive and collaborative team
- Exceptional time management skills; meet deadlines
- Grant writing experience a plus
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Knowledge of the history of the Vietnam war and era preferred
- Technology savvy
VVMF offers excellent benefits; medical insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) plan and much more. This position offers a unique opportunity for the applicant to work with a nationally recognized and well-respected organization that impacts millions each year. If you want the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals, teachers, historians, volunteers and veterans, and the general public, this position is for you.
If interested in this position, we strongly suggest you review and explore our website. Please send a cover letter addressing your interest and a current detailed resume listing your salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.